Thursday, February 5

cello

Mine is broken.Did I write something about my cello last week? Something about it being in a playabe condition again? Forget it.

On sunday evening I went to Ktk to practice. For some reason all the strings were loose, and I had to tune it all over again. The tuning pegs kept slipping and finally the bridge went ballistic. It still is in one piece - barely - but there is no chance at all to get it back on place. It's broken, cannot be repaired and in its current condition would not endure the pull of the strings.

And the worst part? (Yes, it gets a lot worse.) Making a new bridge costs around 160€. Not kidding here. And it is not something I can make by myself: it's a whole lot more difficult that making a bridge for jouhikko. Shit.

And I was going to try to get into Sibelius Academy with that cello. Just great.

I hate this.